Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Anniversary

I've been racking my brain all week about a post in honor of my wife for our wedding anniversary, which just happens to be today. I had visions of heartwarming passages, anecdotes and snippets that would do justice to the woman I'm lucky enough to have bamboozled into spending her life with me. I spent so much time thinking on it, that I neglected my regular weekly posts on Monday and Wednesday. I figured it'd be worth it once I pulled something together for today.

A funny thing happened, though. Everything I put down just didn't get the job done. How do you express, in text, what it means for a person to be your rock, your pillow, your shrink, your reality check, your biggest fan, your cracking whip, your best friend, and much more all rolled into one?

The truth is, I don't know. I've spent the week putting down thoughts, but nothing does the trick. It's just impossible to encapsulate the breadth and depth of what my wife means to me. The past four months have brought it into ever starker relief. You don't ever really know how much you need somebody until you need them.

I guess that's the best way to describe it. Quite honestly, I don't know what I would do without my wife. I'm so happy she's with me, and I'm hopeful she won't wise up and move on.

With that, I'm copping out with a Quote Machine and a couple of my favorite pics. These people simply say it better than I could ever hope to. Happy Cinco de Mayo to the world out there, but an even happier anniversary to the person that keeps me going every day.

"You are the butter to my bread, you are the breath to my life."
- Paul Child

Favorite dress

"True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another."
- Wedding Crashers

I made her stand there for like 15 minutes snapping pics until I got the right one

"Good God you drive me crazy. Crazy is all right with you looking at me."
- Dave Matthews

She's at her best when she's goofing around

"You make me want to be a better man."
- As Good As It Gets

With the other man in her life

"Oh, my care for you, is from the ground up to the sky.
It's over, under, up above, down below and to the side.
There's no use in pretending. No use in saving face.
For my love is never-ending, and you are my saving grace."
- Ben Harper

About to head up the Tourmalet. So cool that we get to do this together

"And so, today, my world it smiles
Your hand in mine, we walk the miles.
Thanks to you it will be done
For you to me are the only one."
- Led Zeppelin

Easily my favorite pic of us of all time. Right about to head to France and the sleeping pills were kicking in.

I love you, Nikki. Can't wait for the next year of our journey together...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Bo. Happy Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete