Monday, March 14, 2011

Manic Monday: A Back in the Saddle Edition

So, I didn't even notice that last week came and went without even so much as a peep from me. I guess that gives the title Daily Honesty a certain ring of false advertising. Oh well. I guess that means that I was busy, which is both true and a good thing.

So here's to doing better. Appropriately, I had my first big weekend of riding this past weekend, and the sore backside to prove it. Since I'm back in the saddle bikewise, I might as well get back in the saddle with this thing, whatever it is. On to the randomness...

Having heard Arcade Fire at the grocery store, I'm worried that I blinked and they jumped the shark before I even had the chance to decide if I liked them.

Something about the route from Furman to the Bakery in Saluda makes it uphill both ways. Oh, that's right, is the 25 mph headwind you hit as you go back through Tigerville.

On that note, you know you're in for a long slog home when you have to pedal hard to maintain 28 mph while descending the watershed because of the aforementioned headwind.

The wifey has a bit of Jens Voigt lurking in her legs. There is no greater compliment I can give to a cyclist.

Hydration strategies need to change with the seasons, lest you end up nearly having a major bonk, as evidenced by my salt-caked face in the aftermath of my first long ride in the warm this weekend. Seems like I've been down that road before.

The people who run the NFL and the NCAA basketball tournament should be locked in a room and forced to listen to Bjork being played backwards until they successfully demonstrate both understanding and acceptance of the old motto "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I wish they could bottle puppy breath.

Ridley Bikes out of Belgium makes some amazing road machines, but the 2011 Jake's Red Ridley is by far my favorite of all time
Unfortunately, he doesn't come with a full Campy gruppo,  but he more than makes up for it in cuteness...

Finally, fun and games aside, some horrible stuff happened in Japan, and it's still going on in Libya. Get involved. Raise some money. Make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment