Thursday, March 24, 2011

Manic Monday: $@&%! Is it really Thursday? Edition

Geeze, I'm completely dropping the ball on this whole thing. Not even a week after re(re)-declaring my commitment to keep writing, and I don't even hit the weekly post. Not like I don't have the time on my hands or anything. Sure, there are the myriad everyday hassles of being a hausfrau, but you'd think I could carve out 30 minutes a day to get on here and make something happen.

Anyway, we'll do a pretend rewind to Monday and hit March Madness, rest stop excellence (no, really), and  some other stuff in this week's edition...

I haven't paid any attention to college hoops this season, so I didn't fill out a bracket, nor did I have the chance to participate in the outrage over teams like VCU getting in. Duke still sucks though.

I would like to buy stock in Jay Bilas and Doug Gottlieb. Best, most witty, gimmick-free (we're looking at you Dickie V) basketball analysis I've ever heard. And yes, I realize that Bilas is a Dookie. His excellence far outstrips his questionable heritage.

I would also like to buy stock  in Butler coach Brad Stevens.

Between boneheaded refs and players at the end of these games, it's astonishing to me that these are the best we have to offer. We'll never be able to guarantee good refereeing, but can we please get the NBA to institute Bilas' idea to let kids commit to either a) straight out of high school or b) Three years in college. That way we get better college ball, the elite of the elite who wouldn't bother with college get to go pro, and the NBA gets more fully developed players in the draft. How has this not happened already? Oh yeah...Agents.

When you're unemployed, nothing peps you up like having a good interview with like-minded people.

When you're unemployed, nothing tests your patience more than waiting to hear back from aforementioned like minded people.

When you're unemployed, and you're me, you learn to occupy your mind and time when your patience runs out (normally a daily occurrence between 9 and 10AM), and you thank Whoever it is you thank for puppies, two legs, two wheels, six strings, and pals to help pass the time.

On our trek up to Virginia Beach over the weekend we experienced what can only  be described as the pinnacle of rest stop awesomeness. Seriously. At mile 100 on I-85 in North Carolina, you will find the Davidson County Rest Stop (yes it has a name). I don't really have the words to describe it, but it's the Taj Mahal of rest stops. You snicker, but if you stop there, you'll understand.

I love to play guitar, but I have a new goal: to play a guitar that sounds like dolphins complete with a romantic puppy surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment