Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Quote Machine: Ok, You People Suck, So We're Gonna Make This One Easy Edition

So, my little contest last week garnered a grand total of two responses, and nobody got all of them. Granted, some of it was pretty dang obscure but at least my boy Keith got the Avetts, U2, and Prince, which were the hanging fastballs of the bunch. For the record, here are the answers:

  1. "I And Love And You" - The Avett Brothers
  2. "Both Hands" - Ani DiFranco
  3. "With or Without You" - U2
  4. "Purple Rain" - Prince
  5. "'52 Vincent Black Lightning" - Richard Thompson
  6. "Mary Queen of Arkansas" - Bruce Springsteen
Granted, 2, 5, 6 were pretty obscure but, given the fact that the titles of the song are in the actual quotes, I thought somebody'd get one or two of them. Anyway, we're gonna bring it down a notch. Same rules as last week, and same prize (undetermined), except this week we're doing movies. First person to name each movie correctly, search engine-free (honor system, people), wins...

#1
"There's something you should know about us, Lone Star. I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

"What's that make us?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, which is what you are about to become."

#2
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."

#3
"Danny, do you do drugs?"

"Every day."

"That's good. So what's the problem?"

#4
"So you're not gonna go to law school. What do you wanna do then?"

"I wanna DANCE."

#5
"Do you know if the hotel is pager friendly?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not getting a sig' on my beeper."

"I'm not sure."

"Is there a payphone bank? Buncha payphones? Business."

"Umm, there's a phone in your room..."

"That'll work." 

Somebody has to get all of those... C'mon, people... Do me proud.

1 comment:

  1. 1.Spaceballs
    2.Teen Wolf
    3.Caddy Shack
    4.Dazed and Confused
    5.Easiest!! The Hangover

    ReplyDelete