Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday Quote Machine: What Was Bo Playing Today Edition

We're sliding this one in under the wire. I had the edit screen open most of the day and nothing came to mind, so we're going a little from the cuff. You, dear reader, are about to be quizzed. I had a very interesting breakfast meeting this morning, after which I came home in a good mood. What do I do when I'm in a good mood? Why, sing sad songs about love, loss, and death, of course. In case you haven't noticed, I'm weird. Sad songs and the blues make me happy. Leave me alone.

Anyway, seeing as I'm at a loss, I'm gonna leave it to the 3.2 of you you actually read this to try to win a prize (Note: I have no idea what the prize will be, as I doubt anybody will try to answer, much less actually read this)  I  have several songs I'm working on in various stages of getting them down. No they're not by me, which is where you come in. What follows are my favorite lines from each song that I played and sang this morning, but there will be no song name or artist. Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to name the artist and the song in the comments section. No using search engines please. I have no way of checking on that, so consider yourself on the honor system.

The first person to correctly name each song and artist (assuming anybody actually reads this and responds, which they won't) will win a fabulous prize of unknown value and origin. Have fun.

"The highway sets the traveler's stage. All exits look the same."

"I am watching your chest rise and fall, like the tides of my life, and the rest of it all... And your bones have been my bedframe, and your flesh has been my pillow. I am waiting for sleep to offer up the deep, with both hands."

"Through the storm we reach the shore. You give it all, but I want more."

"I never wanted to be your weekend lover. Only wanted to be some kind of friend."

"Says James, 'in my opinion, there's nothing in this world that beats a '52 Vincent and a redheaded girl. Now Nortons, and Greaveses, and Indians won't do. They don't have the soul of a Vincent '52."

"But on your bed, Mary, I can see the shadow of a noose. Oh, I don't understand how you can hold me so tight, and love me so damn loose."

2 comments:

  1. 1) "I and Love and You." Avetts. Duh. :)

    2) no clue.

    3) U2-- "With or Without You."

    4) no clue.

    5) I give up.

    6) Ok, I'm a loser.

    -- Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)I and Love and You - Avetts
    2)dunno
    3)With or Without You - U2
    4)Purple Rain - Prince
    5)dunno
    6)dunno

    Keith Brown

    ReplyDelete